Scientific Affairs at NCA is a comprehensive program that bridges the elite world of scientific research with the practical needs of coffee professionals to understand the work being done and its impact on business. Functions include:
• Tracking and analysis of all research on coffee, caffeine and health worldwide
• Delivery of expertise in food chemistry, toxicology and epidemiology, along with implications for physiological and environmental exposure
• Science-based perspective on food safety legislation and regulation
• Acknowledged influence in worldwide scientific circles
• Active collaboration with leading food and environmental safety organizations
Fundamental to the effort is NCA’s dedicated Science Committee. The group is comprised of leading industry scientists with decades of expertise in epidemiology, toxicology, biochemistry, medicine, food safety and quality assurances. It is one of just a few, highly respected organizations devoted to the study of coffee science around the world.